Philadelphia Phillie Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Cream Cheese Topping
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup sugar
1 pinch of salt
3/4 C chocolate chips
1 C sugar
1 1/2 C flour
1/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 C water
1/2 C oil
1 T vinegar or lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
- In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients of the cream cheese mixture and mix on medium to high using an electric mixer.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- Whisk together all of the cupcake ingredients. Try to minimize the amount of lumps.
- Fill muffin tins, lined with paper cups 1/2 to 2/3 full with the batter.
- Drop a large spoonful of cream cheese mixture on top of each batter filled cup. This will make the batter nearly come to the top of the liner. Be careful not to overfill.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 22 to 27 minutes. A toothpick inserted near the center (in the cake part not the cream cheese) should come out clean or with a few dry crumbs clinging to it.